Fast growing NextNet Partners is looking for an experienced IT Managed Services Team Lead in Tempe, AZ.
The IT Managed Service Lead is accountable for the end to end IT operations support for NextNet Partners (NNP) managed services NSO (NextNet Service Operations) clients. This includes but not limited to data centers, Tier 1 & 2 level support of applications, networks, servers, databases, Operating Systems, telephony, servers, storage and backup systems. The lead is responsible for the effective and efficient operational support of all third-party and internally managed IT services used to support all business process across all NNP NSO clients.
The lead will also oversee service tickets, incident responses, business continuity services and defining an operating model and an acceptable standards of IT Infrastructure operation as service level agreements, monitoring and reporting on compliance with those standards; and achieving and maintaining maximum operational efficiency for NNP NSO clients. The lead is also responsible for operational service management processes to ensure quality, efficiency, productivity and agility goals are achieved.
- Responsible for the day to day operations for all services for clients are successfully transitioned into NSO.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards for operations and continuously improving customer satisfaction.
- Liaison with other vendors to monitor and maintain contracted services.
- Ensure performance, reliability and transparency of all aspects of operational elements.
- Accountable for the operation of services, working closely with the NSO team and clients to ensure they are optimized for availability, stability, integrity, performance and scalability.
- Responsible for the service management process & procedures, communicate the availability of services, report against agreed business SLAs, and manage business user relations.
- Develops and maintains operating models with NSO team and clients for 3rd party services reflecting clear understanding of business needs.
- Responsible for the day to day operation, service performance against agreed service level targets and service management activities delivered by NextNet and escalate appropriately as required. Ensure the NSO team performs and contract includes the following activities:
- Handling of major Incidents, identifying root cause and facilitating Post Incident Reviews to embed learning and best practice.
- Communicating the status of high severity incidents and recovery decisions taken, in a timely and structured manner to stakeholders.
- Investigating Problems, according to impact, through to resolution or error identification.
- Change Requests are raised/linked to Problem records for resolution.
- Monitoring progress on the resolution of Known Errors.
- All Change Requests (CRs) are comprehensively recorded and submitted on time.
- Continuous maintenance of the Change/Release Plans.
- Agreement and control of change/release implementation through the setup and facilitation of the Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Monitoring the success of all change/release implementations and facilitation of Failed Change Reviews where appropriate.
- Investigating all Change related incidents where the Change Process has not been followed.
- Ensuring the capture of complete and accurate information for all incidents and known errors and load this accurately into the Knowledge Base and Known Error Database.
- Ensuring the configuration information remains accurate in the light of changes to infrastructure, applications and services, making all updates in a strictly controlled manner.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- 5-10 years’ experience in IT industry with 4-5 years in Service Management and Operations roles.
- Bachelors in Information technology, computer science or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing standard processes and managing performance to achieve key operational metrics.
- Demonstrated experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT operations teams in complex and dynamic environments requiring 24/7 support
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to communicate a vision that inspires and motivates IT operations team that aligns to the IT and business strategy.
- Experience in building and operating technology infrastructure that supports Continuous Availability capabilities.
- Excellent service management planning and execution skills
- Experience in managing service operations across IT domains and multiple geographic locations.
- Development and execution of staffing strategies for Service Operations function.
- Background in managing IT Service Operations in alignment with industry best practice.
- Hands-on technical depth expertise, problem-solving leadership and operational troubleshooting for complex systems.
- Success in leveraging both traditional practices, such as IT service management, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge of IT Dept. budget planning, financial management and resource planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups.
- Experience and knowledge of management principles, practices and methods.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to enhance services and capabilities that support business objectives.
- Fluent in business English both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in English or other languages
- IT industry internationally recognized certifications
- Management best-practices Courses and Certifications
- Preferably experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams, influencing key stakeholders, across the organization and within complex context
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the NSO team. The focus for this coordination is to ensure that the contracted system runs efficiently without interruption
- The NSO Lead must keep upper management informed about what is happening in the organization concerning networking
- NSO Lead oversees the work of junior employees to ensure that system requirements have been properly implemented and procedures carefully followed.
- Responsible for informing management, partners and peers about network performance and service availability
- Primarily deals with users, customers, vendors, engineers and the whole technical team
- Coordinates the duty shift table for the NSO operations and carefully allocates staff members (NSO technicians and engineers) on different shift duties for ensuring the whole NSO shift works in an efficient and effective manner.
- To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or Degree in Computer Science / Technology or Electronics & Communication Engineering preferred
- Technical certifications such as CCNA, MCSE, RHCE, CCNP preferred
Experience or qualifications in the following areas are required:
- 2+ years of experience working in data centers / ISP with an emphasis on Network and Systems Operations Center (NOC)
- Knowledge and experience of system and network infrastructures such as LAN and WAN network technologies, server virtualization, enterprise storage area network (SAN) and backup, enterprise performance and fault monitoring tools.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and the ability to organize and prioritize time effectively.
- Ability to manage and lead a team.
- Underlying awareness of the bigger picture.
- Willingness and ability to learn new products and network technologies quickly, often without the focus of formalized training.