NextNet Partners is a premier full service information technology consultancy, providing premier talent to plan, build and manage clients next generation networks with practice areas in core networking, data center and unified collaboration.
Job Description: Project Manager
The Project Manager role will primarily focus on providing project management services for network infrastructure and managed services projects. The candidate must have 5+ years’ experience working with data communications, systems and applications in a consultative or project management capacity. Candidate must understand and define business, technical and functional requirements as they pertain to each client. The candidate must be able to manage multiple initiatives in a fast paced environment.
The candidate must have expertise that includes the following types of project management and consulting services experience:
- 5+ years of Project Management Experience in an Enterprise environment
- Strong networking experience – routers, switches, firewalls, load balances, etc
- Solid understanding of Cisco Environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Drive for results. Motivates team while constantly driving towards key milestones.
- Ability to be flexible and pragmatic in approach while simultaneously progressing project management concepts and method
- Experience working with vendors and carriers
- Understand, identify and develop business, technology and functional requirements
- Evaluate gaps between the current and future technology infrastructure
- Identify and recommend short and long-term solutions, including features,
functionality, and scalability requirements
- Define technology options and related costs
- Develop business cases
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of technology vendors
- Preparing project correspondence and executive communication using MS PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Word
- Responsible for managing multiple teams across OM/Contact Centers and sites as well as external vendors/suppliers
- Manage and implement project responsibilities from inception to completion including: cost, benefits, quality, scope, and schedule
- Implement, track, and analyze critical project performance and quality metrics
- Champion and drive the use of PM, Lean, and SSP Tools and the understanding of these processes and practices
- Manage on-going contract relationship and negotiations with external vendors domestically and internationally
- Develop and implement risk mitigation plans
- Develop and implement on-going change management activities required for successful execution of programs
- Regularly and effectively communicate project status throughout the organization levels on progress, issues, and opportunities
- Execute Phase Gate Integrated Plans and Metrics
- Manage and proactively respond to clients
Experience / Skills / Education:
· PMP Certification.
· Merger & Acquisition experience, a plus.
· Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business or other relevant 4-year degree.
· Black Belt or Master Black Belt work experience preferred.
· Articulate; excellent communication skills (written, verbal, public speaking) required.
· Demonstrated impact of leadership ability, including direct and influence management skills.